PhD proposal: Simulation of random geometric structures
The use of non independent distribution is very difficult to analyze theo- retically, thus having access to simulations of practical instances would be of tremendous help to guide the intuition and to lead to reasonable conjectures. Unfortunately, the generation of useful random instances is a difficult question in itself. We plan to attack three specific questions, as described below: simulation of geometric structures, of conditioned structures, and of dependent pointsets.
The goal of this research is to design and realize tools for the generation of several random geometric objects. These tools will be used to benchmark geometric algorithms and to establish new probability conjectures.
mathematical aspects (probability), algorithmic aspects, C++ (templates, etc)
- Duration: 3 years.
- Starting date: 1st October 2018
How to apply
Send the following documents to email@example.com in a single ZIP file:
- A motivation letter describing your interest in this topic.
- Your degree certificates and transcripts for Bachelor and
Master (or the last 5 years if not applicable).
- Master thesis (or equivalent) if it is already completed, or a
description of the work in progress, otherwise.
- Publications, if any (it is not expected that you have any).
In addition, at least one recommendation letter from the person who supervises(d) your Master thesis (or research project or internship) should be sent. At most two other recommendation letters may be sent. The recommendation letter(s) should be sent directly by their author to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help and benefits
- Monthly net salary of 1600 €. Medical insurance included.
- Possibility of free French courses.
- Help for finding housing.
- Help for the resident card procedure and for husband/wife visa.
- Lunch cost at INRIA is 2,78 €.